William F. Chesley
William F. Chesley founded W.F. Chesley Real Estate in 1970. Under his leadership and direction, the company has evolved into one of the most successful, privately-owned real estate firms operating in the Washington-Baltimore metropolitan region. Core services include residential and commercial real estate, and land development and construction services. The company represents numerous commercial office projects and manages residential and commercial investment properties. The land development and construction divisions have built office, retail and residential projects throughout suburban Maryland. In recent years, the company has provided financing for residential and commercial loans, thereby creating innovative opportunities for investors as commercial banks have withdrawn from the market. W.F. Chesley Real Estate has grown into a multi-faceted, entrepreneurial real estate firm with plans for expansion across Maryland and Washington, DC.
Linda Johnson has been associated with W.F. Chesley Real Estate since 1977. She is responsible for lease negotiations and financing for the company’s commercial and residential properties. She also manages construction financing, land development financing, and acquisition/refinance loans made to private investors.
Andrew “Andy” MacPherson
Andrew MacPherson is an established real estate professional with over 35 years experience in the industry. He started his career with Equity Trades Realty and soon moved to co-owning Century 21 Trademark Realty, a partnership he successfully managed and operated for 15 years. In 1996, he joined W.F. Chesley Real Estate as managing partner, where he currently oversees the real estate brokerage operations and handles the sales and management of residential and commercial properties in the Washington–Baltimore metropolitan area. Mr. MacPherson holds a B.S. degree in Accounting and Business from the University of Maryland, College Park.
Real Estate Professionals
Laura L. Baker | Realtor
Office: 410-451-2200 / 301-261-6700
Laura Baker has enjoyed over 35 years working in the Financial – Savings & Loan; Mortgage Banking; Residential Real Estate Sales and Construction Management industries. In June of 2015, Laura returned to Residential Real Estate Sales joining W. F. Chesley Real Estate, LLC. During the past 15 years, she worked in the Mortgage Banking field helping hundreds of homeowners through the mortgage loan process. With her extensive experience in Mortgage Banking, Construction Lending, Construction Project Management and previous experience as a Realtor, Laura is able to give her clients excellent and thorough guidance and service throughout the entire transaction. Laura graduated from the University of Maryland with a B.S. in Accounting, which included double major in Finance. Laura’s goal is to provide each client with the highest level of personal service to assist them in completing the purchase or sale of their home, investment property or second home.
Michael “Mick” Bobby | Realtor
Cher Castillo | Realtor
Tim Coates | Realtor
Omobola Cole | Realtor
Lisa Coutts | Realtor
Charles A. Dukes, Jr. | Commercial and Investment Real Estate
Office: 301-261-6700 x180
Charles Dukes has been actively involved in commercial real estate for more than forty years. As a practicing tax attorney; Chairman, Section on Taxation, Maryland State Bar Association; CEO of John Hanson Savings Bank; Chairman of the Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission; President of the Maryland Building Industry Association; and commercial real estate broker with NAI Michael, Transwestern/Carey Winston and Scheer Partners, he has engaged in thousands of transactions involving every aspect of commercial real estate.
In June 2009, Mr. Dukes joined W.F. Chesley Real Estate, LLC, a full-service residential and commercial real estate services company. Notable clients include Bozzuto Group, Carrollton Enterprises, Driggs Corporation, Episcopal Diocese of Washington, First Baptist Church of Glenarden, Montgomery County, Old Line Bank, Petrie Ross Ventures, Prince George’s County, Reid Temple, and Winchester Homes.
ORGANIZATIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND RECENT POSITIONS HELD
- Past Chairman, Board of Directors – Prince George’s County Economic Development Corporation
- Board of Directors, Executive Committee; Chair, Transportation Committee – Greater Washington Board of Trade; Chairman, Maryland PAC
- Board of Directors, The Washington Savings Bank
- President – Doctors Community Hospital Foundation
- President, Life Director – Maryland National Capital Building Industry Association (MNCBIA)
- President, Life Director – Prince George’s Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman – Prince George’s Trial Courts Judicial Nominating Commission
- Chairman – Section of Taxation, Maryland State Bar Association
- Chairman – Maryland National Capital Park & Planning Commission and Prince George’s County Planning Board (July 1981 – July 1985)
- Chairman – Prince George’s Community Foundation
- Chairman – Prince George’s Board of Library Trustees
- President – Duke University Law Alumni National Council
- Member, Board of Directors, YMCA of Metropolitan Washington
A.B., Duke University, 1955 (Phi Beta Kappa)
L.L.B., Duke University School of Law, 1957 (Managing Editor, Duke Law Review)
L.L.M. (Taxation), Georgetown University Law Center, 1967
SUMMARY OF NOTEWORTHY TRANSACTIONS
- Represented Bozzuto & Associates in the relocation/build to suit of its 69,000 sq. ft. corporate headquarters. Value: $17 million.
- Represented Winchester Homes, Inc. in consolidation to 32,000 square feet of office space for their headquarters at Democracy Center in Bethesda, MD. Value: $11 million.
- Represented Maryland Science and Technology Center in sale of 1 million square feet of development rights to MIE, Inc. Value: $5.0 million.
- Represented LaSalle Investment Management in the sale of Presidential Corporate Center, a 210-acre land development opportunity. Value: $2.3 million.
- Represented Winchester Commercial in sale of 100-acre industrial ground. Value: $6 million.
- Represented Shaw-Freeman Decorators in purchase of build-to-suit site in Washington Business Park. Value: $5.6 million.
- Represented Kelly Press in extension of 100,000 sq. ft. lease for 10 years. Value: $8 million.
- Represented Starwood-Ceruzzi in purchase of BJ’s retail site. Value: $6.5 million.
- Represented Starwood-Ceruzzi in purchase of Port Covington retail-office site. Value: $12.6 million.
- Represented First Baptist Church of Glenarden in purchase of 150 acres for church development. Value: $8 million.
- Represented Reid Temple in lease of 40,000 sq. ft. for Silver Spring church. Value: $3.5 million.
- Represented Washington Redskins in search and negotiations for site location.
- Represented Montgomery County in Silver Spring America Dream Mall negotiations.
- Represented Calverton Tower and Calverton Office Park in leasing 450,000 square feet of office space.
- Represented Professional Records Storage in leasing 420,000 square feet of industrial and headquarters space. Value: $28 million.
- Represented SunTrust Bank in the sale of 60,000 square foot office building. Value: $1.65 million.
- Represented SunTrust Bank in sale of 10-acre site; leasing Citizens headquarters building.
- Build-to-suit lease of 120,000 square feet of office space for Computer Sciences Corporation at Greentec Business Campus. Value: $14 million.
- Represented Home Depot in the ground lease of 13 acres of land to build a retail location. Value: $7 million.
- Represented Doctors Community Hospital in the purchase of a 40,000 square foot office building and in leasing 20,000 square feet of office space. Value: $3.2 million.
David L. Dukes, Esq. | Associate Broker, Commercial Sales, Leasing and Investment
Daryl Fowlkes | Realtor
William E. “Skip” Hall | Commercial & Residential Brokerage and Residential Development
Yann Henrotte | Realtor
D. Bart Johnson | Associate Broker
Bart Johnson started his real estate career in 1973 as a sales manager with Hugh T. Peck Properties. In 1982, he moved to W.F. Chesley Real Estate and served as board president for the Prince George’s Association of Realtors. Throughout his career, Mr. Johnson has won many awards and recognition for his accomplishments. He is currently an Associate Broker and continues to sell real estate in Anne Arundel, Prince George’s and Howard counties.
Ginger Johnson | Realtor
Wade Liebendorfer | Realtor
Tina L. Melichar | Residential Realtor/Foreclosure Specialist
Katie Neighoff | Realtor
Michael O’Brien | Commercial Real Estate
Michael O’Brien began his real estate career at W.F. Chesley Real Estate, LLC, in 1989. A licensed realtor for nearly three decades, Mike’s primary focus is in Anne Arundel, Calvert, Prince George’s, and Queen Anne counties. Areas of expertise include the sale and leasing of commercial office, warehouse, and flex space; land sales; and landlord and tenant representation. Residential experience includes single and multifamily, estate sales and guardianships, and providing general brokerage for waterfront estates and agricultural interests. Most recently, Mike was a member of the 2015 transition team for incoming Maryland governor, Larry Hogan, and assisted with the Governor Office of Community Initiatives. Mike is a graduate of the University of Maryland University College, with a degree in Business Administration.
Lee-Ann Pinkard | Residential Real Estate & Property Management
James "Jimmy" Ricker | Realtor
Bianca Rodgers | Realtor
Stanley Rodgers | Realtor
Sam Salamy | Realtor
Aelia Syed-Scharkopf | Realtor
John Vince | Associate Broker
John Vince, associate broker, specializes in all aspects of commercial real estate and has successfully negotiated hundreds of real estate deals throughout his career. He has nearly 3 decades of experience in the industry, including as a former owner of a small real estate company and builder of custom homes. John serves on the Prince George’s Board of Realtors and as a director on the Prince George’s Board of Trade. He is a graduate of the Maryland Brokers Institute.
Meghan R. Winlack | Realtor